This expanded curriculum covers:
– Ideation, Themes, Second Beats, and the Purpose of Each Edit.
– The nuts and bolts and practical considerations of forming an improv group.
– Group chemistry and Casting
– How to give and receive notes
– Your strengths as an individual improvisor and ensemble-member
– Narrative vs Free Form vs Structure
There will be an overall focus on individual diagnostics and increasing your toolkit as an improvisor. Prerequisite: Level 301 at HUGE Theater, Brave New Workshop, or another reputable longform theater. Students must be older than 18.
Do you need a Payment Plan? Enter the word Plan as a coupon when you check out and you’ll be charged only a $20 deposit. You’ll be able to pay in installments of $20 or $50 once class starts. It is not a drop-in class, you will be responsible for the whole tuition. If you are interested in a scholarship, please fill out the form here.
**Be sure to click outside the text box after typing “Plan”. You should see green text saying, “$200 off” before clicking “BOOK NOW”.
Registration for the Winter Term will open Wednesday November 22nd.
(Is the class you want full? Sign up for the waitlist here)