In order to locate, purchase and build out a new home for HUGE Theater, we are undertaking a capital campaign to raise funds. Ultimately, we aim to raise $3.2 million over the next three years, which we estimate would fully fund the project and secure a home for Twin Cities improv in perpetuity. You’ll be amazed at what we can accomplish together.
“So how can I help?”
1. If you already donate to support theater operations (through membership, Improvathon, Hangout auctions, etc), PLEASE KEEP DOING THAT! Even though we’re moving, we still have all the same operating costs we’ve always had, so your support is more vital than ever. Thank you!
2. Be one of the Thousand. We are seeking 1000 donors to each contribute $1000. All donors at this level will have a “brick” on our lobby wall, permanently commemorating their important gift. If that isn’t a mark you can hit on your own, consider pooling resources with a group to make a collective donation. (Wouldn’t your improv team’s name look great on that wall?)
3. If you, your family, or your organization are in a position to make a major gift ($5000+), please let us know. We would love to meet with you to discuss it further. This is a chance to make a giant, permanent impact for an entire artform and community, and there are naming rights opportunities available.
4. If you need to spread a donation over time, let us know. We can help you arrange a donation pledge and set up recurring payment.
5. Are you employed by a company that would be willing to make a donation, or to match a donation from you or others? Give it an ask! And let us know if we can help.
6. If you know someone who is sitting on a big pile of money — friends, relatives, family friends, colleagues — talk to them about the campaign and how much HUGE means to you. Encourage them to donate. We’d be happy to talk with them about it.
7. If you’re NOT sitting anywhere near a giant pile of money, we still invite you to donate to the capital campaign within your means. Every contribution matters.
8. If you have expertise related to fundraising or capital campaigns and would like to donate that, let us know!
10. Get the word out about HUGE and this campaign any way you can. Social media, emails, phone calls, conversations at family gatherings, media connections… Whatever you’ve got, we need your voices!