At this time, on the basis of the available information and guidance, HUGE Theater will largely continue its normal operations. While continuing to plan for the possibility of further measures, we are taking the following precautionary steps, effective immediately:
- We are temporarily reducing our “sold out” capacity from 100 to 60, in order to space out our seating and reduce contact between patrons.
- The tables and chairs normally in the lobby will be removed, to reduce the number of contact surfaces, and increase the personal space available to folks.
- Our front desk, bar, seating, and bathroom fixtures will be disinfected frequently.
- Hand sanitizer is available at our desk and bar.
- All jams including Space Jam are cancelled through the end of April
- We are asking all of our classes to observe a “no-touch” level of physical contact for the time being.
- Showcases for Winter classes are cancelled.
- Winter students will not be penalized for missing classes for COVID-related reasons (including concern over contact).
- Drop-in classes are suspended for the time being.
We support our students, staff, performers, and patrons in making the decisions you feel are best for you. Please notify us at the earliest opportunity if you are not able to be at the theater when you are expected. We will update this plan as needed.